Emotionally and physically. Without getting into too much detail, I found out yesterday that Mojo is in renal failure. He's home for weekend, but the prognosis is BAD.
By the end of the day yesterday I was so tired I just wiped out when I finally got to sit down. Doggie had to go out about every 2-3 hours, so my sleep was sporatic at best. I'm just drained and I'm unsure about leaving him alone so I won't be gyming it today. I actually think I would feel good if I went, but I just can't do it. The weather is ass, but if the dog seems comfortable for a while I might try to get out for another walk around the neighborhood. We'll see how it all goes.
Last night I ended up making a homemade open faced taco thingy for dinner instead of the Smart One. The vet suggested I try cooking Mojo some ground meat to see if he would eat (he didn't) so I cooked up some ground turkey, pulled some out for him, and did the rest up for myself. I added a packet of taco seasoning, some frozen spinach, corn & black beans. I put it on top of a small tortilla, then topped with light cheddar, salsa and light sour cream. It was actually pretty good and I have lots of leftovers so I don't have to worry about meals this weekend while looking after the dog.
Eating is actually the last thing on my mind, but so far this is how I see it for today...
- lotsa water, I'm crazy dehydrated and thirsty
- Bolthouse Berry Smoothie slurped from the bottle
- coffee...although believe it or not I'm not overly into it today
- small Ancient Grains tortilla with natural PB & 1/2 banana
- Source ff lemon yogurt & raspberries
- there's salad to eat up, so that will probably do for lunch type meal
- dinner is the leftover turkey taco stuff
- some sort of evening comfort treat....maybe a cupcake or hot chocolate or something