Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Breakfast, Lunch & Workout

Actually, workout was first. :) Another early morning to drive FH to work, so I was at the gym by 7:45. Tuesday = cardio + lower body

Treadmill: run:sprint:walk... 5 minute walking warm up, followed by 5:1:1 x 3, 4 minute walking cooldown. The 1 minute sprints were a nice addition. Upping the running portion to 5 minutes was a good improvement too. = 25 minutes
+ squats with 10lb bar x 3 sets
+ hamstring curls on the ball x 3 sets
+ walking lunges with 10lb bar x 3 sets
+ 1 set regular crunches, 1 set reverse crunches, 15 second v-sit

Anecdote: There was already a couple of gals in the small floor work area, so I grabbed my mat and headed over to another corner by the mirror. It's not an ideal spot because it does block a machine, but the gym wasn't busy so I wasn't too worried. I did my crunches, then I was going back and forth between my spot and a longer floor area for my walking crunches. My mat was obviously in use....I left my water bottle right beside it while I was doing my second set of lunges. I come back like 20 seconds later and there's some lady doing her crunch exercises on my mat. OK, first...eewwwwww....I hadn't wiped my sweat off it yet! And second, I know she saw me on there just a minute ago, so don't you think maybe she might have asked if I was indeed done? Anyway, I waited a few seconds and when she didn't move I leaned past her to pick up my water bottle. Still nothing. So rather than bother complaining to her I just went to the other mirror to do my squats...but she was still there when I was done, so I ended up just getting another mat and another ball and doing my final set of curls in another spot. It's not a big deal, but stuff like that annoys me. Gym courtesy isn't all that hard, people!

Anyway, enough of that. I still had a great workout! But I was feeling foggy and starving! So I treated myself to a tall non-fat vanilla latte from the Starbucks drive-thru on my way home. As soon as I walked in the door I immediately put a pot on the stove and got some oats cooking. It's a dismal, wet, windy day so oats were the only way to go. Oats and a milky good latte....yum!
I poured my latte into my cute pink mug today because drinking out of the paper cup at home always seems so weird. :)

In the pot today was 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze, 1/3 cup oats, 1/2 banana. I topped the bowl with a few chopped & toasted almonds, 1 tsp mini choco chips, and a heaping teaspoon of almond butter. Just what I needed.

I may have put on a pot of coffee too. I went downstairs for a cup of regular and my water bottle after I finished my oats and got some work done. Water water water. I think my lack of water yesterday is mainly to blame for my foggy-headedness today.

For lunch I wanted more comfort food, and was thinking grilled cheese. We don't have any good bread right now though so I settled for pan-grilling a little tortilla roll-up with some lean ham and shredded light cheddar. Served it was some juicy cantaloupe, a couple of crunchy little pickles, and some Perrier on ice. Perfect.

Now I'm enjoying one MORE cup of coffee, and I might have eaten the five little caramels FH left in his dish. :) Pin It


tash said...

I'm loving all the pics. They are classy and elegant - just like you!

Amy said...

I love you and your food porn too!

Natalie said...

I can't believe someone stole your mat from right under your nose. Crazy some people are. Or just rude!

Angie All The Way said...

Honestly???? Some people! Regardless if the mat wasn't in use, why take the chance? Just get your own right? Rude.

Oatmeal has now been a weekend breakfast for me, purely because of time. Ever since I got my hair cut and it takes longer to style in the morning! lol I enjoy it so much on saturday and sunday mornings though :)