After ordering a particularly tasty granola bar at Starbucks last week I decided that I could probably recreate something similar at home for less money and fewer calories. Finding that I still have some leftover brown rice syrup from that batch of Glo Bars I made I knew that was the way to go.
I give you my own personal Sticky Fruit & Seed Granola Bars.
- 1.5 cups whole oats
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sultana raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped and toasted almonds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup hulled hemp seeds
- big sprinkle cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- huge squirt honey (maybe 3 tbsp?)
- Mix all dry ingredients together (toast almonds in dry pan if necessary) in big bowl.
- Heat syrup, butter, and vanilla in non-stick pot over med-high heat. Bring to boil, stirring frequently, reduce to simmer for a few minutes. Don’t let it burn!
- Pour hot syrup mixture over dry mixture. Add huge squirt of honey. Stir until all combined.
- Spread into a sprayed and lined 8x8 cake pan. Press down using sprayed wax paper (this is sticky stuff!!) until firm. Cover with sprayed wax paper and put in freezer to set.
- Watch 30 minutes of Big Brother, then remove from freezer. Use the pan liner to lift whole piece from pan. Cut into 16 pieces.
- Enjoy!! Keep refrigerated. Ooey, gooey, sticky, crumbly goodness. :)