So I had the last third of the bottle of brown rice syrup left and needed to find something to do with it. Not really knowing anything about cooking with it, and too lazy to look anything up, I decided just to modify my Sticky Bar recipe and see what I could throw together.
Chocolate Cranberry Almond No-Bake Granola Bars
- 1.5 cups whole oats
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped and toasted almonds
- 2 x 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- big sprinkle cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- coarsely chop almonds. toast on a baking sheet in oven until fragrant and toasty.
- heat syrup and butter in small sauce pan over medium-heat until bubbling. stir frequently and let boil for a couple of minutes.
- while waiting for syrup to bubble, mix all dry ingredients (except for second 1/4 cup of choco chips) in a big mixing bowl.
- once syrup has boiled for a few minutes, stir into dry ingredients.
- press mixture firmly into greased (sprayed) small square cake pan. sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips, press firmly again.
- put pan in freezer until totally chilled and firm. pop entire thing onto cutting board and cut into 12 pieces with big knife. store in refrigerator.
Yummy for the tummy!!