Hello bloggies! TGIF! Hope you all have some big plans for the weekend. I actually get my long weekend this week because I get Memorial Day on Monday instead of Victoria Day this past week.
Since no one else around here will be off I will use my Monday to lounge around, sort tax papers, walk the doggie, and work on my contract job. I know…big ol’ party over here!
Sorry for the lack of blog posts lately. I think for the first time since I started blogging (almost 5 years ago!) I’m in a rut. This whole “unable to work out” thing has really been taking it’s toll on me…and you’d think that if I can’t work out I would at least eat well, but guess what? It doesn’t necessarily work that way.
I took a break from the “this is what I ate today” posts because I tried to eat the same things every day as a way to get back on track. Trust me, no one wanted to see five bowls of fruit and yogurt. And dinners have literally been of the “stand in kitchen with fridge door open until mood strikes” variety. Again, nothing of interest to see here!
Also, it’s pretty hard to spout off about “embracing balance” when I’ve been doing a seriously piss-poor job of it myself. It’ll come back, but until then you all will just have to bear with my random rambles, OK?
What have I been doing?
- Enjoying lots of hockey. Canucks for the Cup!!! Woooooooo!
- Drinking a lot of iced coffee.
- Finally reading more books on my Kindle. Clearly the key was getting “fluffier” books. Castle for the win!
- Watching far too much old school Dawson’s Creek.
- Stockpiling recipes from Jenna and Jessica. I’m never going to lose weight with all this bacon and cream cheese floating around.
This weekend’s plans…
- Hot yoga! I’ll be the slowest moving, least flexible person in the room but at the very least I’ll sweat out some of the chocolate covered almonds I’ve been stuffing myself full of.
- Planters on my deck. I blew my whole “fun budget” at the Home Depot garden center last night.
- Heidi’s Rhubarb Pie Things.
- Five month anniversary of Tiffaney’s birthday. Any excuse for cake.
- Salad. I promise. Kinda. Maybe.
Every day I wake up hoping that my motivation has returned and although I have my good days, the bad ones have been winning. I’m actually kind of OK with it…except when I’m not.
Thanks to everyone for sticking around! I promise at the very least to have some fun photos for you this weekend. xox :)