I did not walk to Starbucks. I did not waste another $3. I did not kill another paper cup tree. I sipped home brew and pretended to like it.
Do not dirty a bowl when a near empty yogurt container presents itself. Just fill ‘er up with fresh pineapple and blueberries and go to town.
Eat breakfast for lunch. Especially if it means you can finally break into your first jar of Peanut Butter & Co since leaving Halifax.
I searched high & low and you wouldn’t believe where I finally found the stuff. Wal-freaking-Mart. That place really does sell everything.
The sun is shining and it’s yet another game night…which means one thing…potluck!
Jaime’s Potato Salad with a Twist**
- 4 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, boiled to al dente and chopped
- 1 large yam or sweet potato**, steamed to al dente and chopped
- 4 eggs, boiled and chopped
- 3-4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey**
- 1 tsp dill
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- (optional: celery and/or bell pepper)
- In a large bowl whisk together mayo, mustard, honey, dill, paprika and salt & pepper. Taste and adjust as desired.
- Add potatoes, yams, eggs, and green onions and stir carefully to combine. Make sure you get all dressing from bottom of bowl (I use a rubber spatula).
- Transfer to serving dish and garnish with sprinkles of paprika. Et voila, c’est bien fini! Chill until ready to serve.
Note: Room temp or still slightly warm potatoes (not hot) work best to absorb the dressing.
Pack up your salad and stuff another beer in your purse before catching a ride to your hockey viewing household.
Other yumminess at tonight’s food festivities… Joanne’s pineapple salsa…
Smokies and turkey dogs…
And somehow I missed the photo op on Joanne’s deeeelish butter chicken. Man, do we girls know how to eat for a Stanley Cup game or what?
Too bad our Canucks just could NOT get their shiz together tonight. I have no problem losing a game but holy man, tonight was painful.
That’s OK. I said Boston could take ONE game. ONE. Hear me?
And that’s all I have to say about that.
Go Canucks Go!!!