Monday, July 18, 2011

Hiding Under the Covers

Well hell.  THAT is not how I intended to spend my weekend.

In the interest of keeping away from TMI-land let’s just say I managed to get a bacterial infection that left me feeling like I had the flu from hell for a good, solid 72 hours. Ugh.


Thursday I woke up feeling slightly off so decided just to sip coffee and wait on breakfast. When I did get hungry I headed straight for comfort food. Grilled salami and cheeeeese sammich!


I snacked on a few cherries and ate leftover Chicken Penne Soup before meeting the other Jamie for an evening tea.  By the time I got home I knew I was officially sick.  Booooooooooo.

I went to bed telling myself that if I felt even remotely the same in the morning I’d take myself to the doctor.  I think I jinxed myself because as I laid in bed I got achier, hotter, and more yucky feeling.  Awesome.


Friday morning I c-r-a-w-l-e-d out of bed and took myself straight to walk-in where they confirmed my suspicions, gave me a prescription and sent me on my not-so-merry way. 


It took me all morning but I managed to eat a banana and sip on the tall soy iced coffee I bought on my way home in between hard core naps.  That Clif Bar was my barely-there lunch.  I’ve never been so glad I have multiple seasons of Friday Night Lights on my laptop as I can’t remember the last time I spent the better part of 24 hours in bed trying not to die.

At some point I found the energy to get up to walk Chibi (what a little pooper trouper!) and made myself this shrimp salad sammich with leftover grilled potatoes.


I ate the potatoes then damn near fell asleep trying to eat the sandwich.  All my energy had gone into making it leaving me to exhausted to eat!  I didn’t even get to try my delicious chocolaty treat!


Overnight I managed to finally break my fever (I thought it had broken on Friday only to have me feeling 10x worse shortly thereafter).  I struggled through a teeeeeny bowl of granola with almond milk and managed to get outside with the dog again.  The fresh air did us both good but I was right back under the covers as soon as I brushed my teeth.


Eventually I decided I was feeling well enough to get up, move around, have a shower and make a plan to get the eff out of the apartment.  Michael had offered to come over and bring me dinner and movies but instead I asked if he would mind getting some fresh air with me. 

I sipped iced coffee while we walked our dogs, then completely relaxed at his place with a perfect healthy dinner.  Everything on the plate was exactly what my body was craving…roast chicken, brown rice, veggies, and a super fresh, crispy salad.  My appetite died about half way through the plate but I dominated that salad. 


Sadly I kind of regressed later in the evening…chills and then so hot I wanted to climb out the window.  (I know, I’m a really great date hey?)  But…by morning I felt a million times better! 


I was able to meet Melinda for a completely normal (and way too rich) delicious brunch at Spoon’s!  I opted for their special Croque Monsieur…grilled ham and three cheese sandwich topped with béchamel sauce and fried eggs.  Heart.attack.yum.

Just wait though… Had I known what I was being served for dinner I probably would have ordered the fruit bowl for breakfast.  haha.  Dinner deserves it’s own mini post since this pity party has gone on long enough.  Feel bad for meeeeeeee!!!  Waaaaaaah! ;)  Thanks y’all!!

Pin It

1 comment:

JavaChick said...

Aw! Hope you are feeling better!