Did you guys all check out last night’s post about the awesome crab dinner I helped Michael host this weekend? Do it! :)
Rather than try to recap every bite of food I took this weekend I thought I’d just mention a couple of meals we threw together that turned out quite well.
Saturday night I wanted to use up some ingredients I had in my fridge so created this easy, filling pasta dinner.
- 1 package spinach and cheese ravioli
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 12 mushrooms, quartered
- 1/4 of a medium onion, diced
- 1 400ml can diced tomatoes (I used garlic & herb)
- 2 sausages of choice, removed from skin (I used 2 local seasoned pork sausages from EdGe)
- In a large non-stick skillet cook the crumbled sausage over medium-high heat (you’ll probably need to break it up with a wooden spoon or spatula as you go). When it’s about half cooked, add the onion.
- When the meat is browned through, add the zucchini and mushrooms. Continue stirring until veggies become tender. (You can reduce the heat and add a lid to speed this along and ensure you don’t overcook anything).
- Drain the tomatoes of excess juice, then add to the pan. Stir. Reduce to medium-low heat and leave to simmer while cooking the pasta. Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain, then add to sausage mixture. Stir.
That’s it! If you use plain diced tomatoes you’ll probably want to add seasoning…maybe some garlic and/or Italian seasonings such as oregano or rosemary. A sprinkle of parmesan would have been nice too.
This made four substantial meal sized portions and the leftovers would freeze beautifully for future use. Enjoy!