I live alone. My family lives out of town. My boyfriend and I ‘try’ to keep the treats to a minimum. Clearly I’m an insane person for desiring to bake all of this stuff!
But it’s baking season!! Waaaaah!!
My own personal annual standard recipes:
- Whipped Shortbread
- Mayan Chocolate Sparklers
- Nanaimo Bars
- Butter Tarts (but this year attempting to make my own tart shells…eek!)
A few traditional extras:
- Sugar Cookies (really just an excuse to buy edible glitter)
- Pumpkin Fudge
- Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
- Pecan Pie
- Gingerbread cookies
Inspired by Pinterest:
(honestly, this whole post can be blamed on Pinterest!)
And a couple of recipes just for Michael because he loves lemony things:
- White Chocolate Lemon Truffles
- Mini Lemon Tarts (or Lemon Bars if I don’t get a handle on that whole tart shell pastry thing…)
Are you a crazy Christmas baker? What are your must-bakes each year? Can you help me with my pastry phobia?