Huzzah! It’s May!
Happy May to you to all!
I know, weirdo over here getting all excited about May. I’m trying to instil some motivation into myself, OK? So if that means getting all awkwardly excited about a new month then so be it! Riiiight?
- May means it’s thismuch closer to better weather (of course, our weather has been pretty decent, but you know what I mean).
- May means it’s not only Mother’s Day but also my Mama’s birthday (both on the same day this year).
- May means it’s my boyfriend Michael’s birthday (I see a request for Citrus Tart in my near future).
- May means a lovely Victoria Day long weekend for us British Columbians (which comes along with an up island getaway with Michael this year!).
See, I’m not completely nutzo to be all excited. :)
Also, I don’t know if you’ve noticed but I need some motivation up in here. I’m not going to beat myself up over April being less than stellar on the whole workout frontier but let’s be honest, it wasn’t good. Not so awesome April.
But it does stand to reason that since May starts with an M it must be Motivated May. Logical, no? Just go along with it OK? I’ve been kind of using May 1st as my do-over benchmark day and here it is so it must be true!
Roadblocks (ie: what I think derailed me)…
- Some stressful stuff going down at work.
- Headaches galore.
- Some weird vertigo-esque type ailment.
- Lack of focus.
Fixer-uppers (ie: what I’m doing about it)…
- Not letting work situations ruin my day.
- Visited my RMT for a much needed loosening up.
- Booked in with my chiropractor for neck and shoulder work.
- Focusing on keeping work separate from day to day lifestyle choices.
Good stuff (ie: happy happy fun fun motivators)…
- This weekend I was accepted as a FitFluential Ambassador!! More to come on that but talk about the kick in the pants I needed. Can’t be very influential about a fit life if I’m sitting on the couch drowning my sorrows in bonbons.
- A few positive work related opportunities have arrived in my voicemail helping to turn some stress around.
- I’m helping my Mom kick start a healthier daily menu and in turn it helps me to stay on track. Working as part of team always helps!
So today I’ve already been out walking with the dog and started writing out this week’s menu plan. Tonight I tackle a workout plan and lay out all of my gym clothes. Tomorrow the treadmill is mine!
Anyone else need a kick in the arse? I’m perfectly willing to dole out kicks wherever they are needed and happy to accept them in return.
Happy Motivated May!