That hammock pretty much sums up my Saturday. :) Not that I didn’t get some things done (washed car, made breakfast cookies, whipped up some olive tapenade) but enjoying the sun was top on my priority list.
2. Waffle with berries, cheesy scrambled eggs, ham.
3. Water, water, water…oh ya, water.
4. Lunch plate for 2: honey ham, smoked pepperoni, cukes, mushrooms, cheddar.
5. Hammock snacks: BBQ peanuts and blueberries.
6. Lime tortilla chips with salsa and cottage cheese.
7. Dinner plate for 2: olive tapenade, focaccia, veggies.
8. Watermelon and fresh basil.
On Sunday I wrangled Michael away from his ongoing household projects so we could load the dogs in the truck and take a nice long walk in the sun. It was hot, sweaty and glorious…love the gorgeous weather!
1. Cottage cheese, non-fat yogurt, Raisin Bran, and blueberries.
2. Cherries and breakfast cookies.
3. Post-walk treats [unpictured]: small Tim Horton’s Iced Capp with chocolate milk (it’s lower cal and way tastier! try it!) and 2 x lemon Timbits.
4. Focaccia with tapenade, ham and cucumbers. BBQ peanuts on the side.
5. Grilled spot prawns, grilled zucchini, grilled mushrooms, and corn on the cob.
6. Movie treats: Peanut Butter M&M’s.
We finished the day by baking up a Peach-Blueberry Crisp and enjoying an air-conditioned movie. The Dark Knight Rises did not disappoint.
Even thought today is a holiday here in BC, I’m spending a few hours sitting here in my jammies at Michael’s kitchen table doing some work for my regular job. Nice to have a day off from my new office job though! Lord knows more than a week of combing my hair and wearing real clothes was really wearing on me. :)
Nothing wrong with eating Peach-Blueberry Crisp for breakfast either.
Happy BC Day!